UPDATE – Oct 5, 2012 : Uploaded Detailed Syllabus in Telugu.
Music Theory notes for Carnatic Music at Government Music colleges, Andhra Pradesh –
Beautifully typeset using Latex. Please inform me if there are any typos or other errors.
Note: It’s from a copy of official syllabus, scanned & reformatted, however, I can’t make any promises that this is the current and official syllabus. Shared in public interest.
- UPDATE – Dec 10, 2010 :
Uploaded full Syllabus. It’s a scanned copy of a hand-written notes from a senior. It’s in Comic Book format (CBZ), use some comic book reader software to view, or use a zip (like 7-zip) software to unzip and get individual pages.
- UPDATE – May 04, 2010 : Uploaded Year I’s Theory.
- UPDATE – Apr 22, 2010 : Broken link, fixed.
- UPDATE – Apr 9, 2010 : Corrected some mistakes in Year II. (Vasantha – Avarohanam corrected, Hindolam is Audava ragam, Some notes about Thana and Padha varnams included.)
- Theory papers for Year 3 and 4 are not ready yet. These are the notes that I took from my teacher for my personal use.
I can post Year 3 or 4’s notes only when I move to those classes.I’ve completed my certificate course. I used a different strategy for my notes for year 3 and 4; I couldn’t share the notes here. I’ll work on and compile notes for all the years.
- The official textbook prepared by Sri. Akella Mallikarjuna Sharma, which contains Varnams, Kritis etc, for the whole 6 year course, is now available in English too. (Practical part only)